People ask me for this recipe all the time so I thought this was the best place to share it with everyone. It’s so delicious and quick and easy to make.
The cake recipe
What you need:
- A food processor
- walnuts 350 grams
- Dates (medjool are best) 10-15
- Cocoa powder 3 spoonfuls – you can use raw cocoa if rawness is important to you
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Put the walnuts in a food processor and grind down to crumbs. Do the walnuts by themselves as this makes them easier to process.
- Add the cocoa, the dates and vanilla essence and process together. Add the dates gradually until mixture starts to bind. You can add a little water if the mixture seems dry.
- Take mixture and press into cake tin using a spatula.
- Voila, you have your cake. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes. You may like to add some fruit to the top, such as strawberries or whatever you fancy.
Cashew nut cream
You can make the cream into a pouring cream or a thicker cream that can be used to ice the cake. Change it’s consistency by the amount of water you add.
- Cashew nuts 200 grams
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- agave nectar (sweeten to taste)
- Process the cashew nuts in food processor
- Add agave if you want it sweeter to taste, add vanilla essence and water. Add more water if you want to use it as a pouring cream, less if you want to use it to ice the cake. Mix ingredients together in food processor.
This cake is rich and delightful. It costs a fair amount to make because nuts are expensive but it’s a perfect treat for special occasions or whenever you have the chocolate urge. The cashew nut cream cuts through the intense flavours of the cake. Enjoy….. Have you got any great recipes to share with our community?